Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wee Stamps Birds on a Swing

Hello, so sorry I haven't posted in a little while, I had company come and spend a few days with us. Our Son and his girlfriend are moving to our little town! We are so excited to have at least one child very close to us. Eric got a job offer and will be here on Thursday this week to start. He will be staying in my craft room for a while however... I am not sure how it will work but I am hoping it will still give me a chance to craft when he is at work at least. Anyway this card was so fun to make, I coordinated the envelope, bookmark, card and the inside of the card all with matching digi's from Wee Stamps. This little stamp was so cute, I had to buy it! Of course while you are there you don't buy just one you silly... I bought only 2, which is pretty good for me.
These little bookmarks are very quick and easy to make, I wanted to give my recipient a little something extra.


So here is the finished card, just a simple little card. I did however just get my Elegant Edges cartridge for my Cricut and I used it to cut both the card front and the bookmark front (image area) and also got to play with my new copic airbrush! (I didn't use it on the bookmark and you can tell!) This was a fun little tool to use, if you have one of the Stampin' Up type you would love this one. You won't have one arm with a lot more muscle than the other. LOL Maybe mine just doesn't work as good but I really have to put out to get a little spray on my page. Anyway I have had a great week at the Post Office :) I love getting new items, I am still waiting to receive my first set of Magnolia's from the Club. I don't know when they will come but I am hoping the summer ones will be soon.
I don't usually finish the envelope as I did this one, but it really gives it a nice polished look don't you think? Copics do bleed on the envelope but it wasn't to bad. I put a piece of paper in the envie while coloring so not to bleed thru to the other side. I hope you all have a fantastic week and I hope to get a few more items done soon.

9 comments:

LINDA said...

These are just beautiful.. Very lovely work!! Hugs, Linda

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great set! Love the finished envelope, I never think to do that. This is just so sweet and adorable, I may have to change what I am making for my DD's teacher, love yours.

Andrea said...

What sweet little birdies! and a very pretty set-just lovely!

Tina Connolly said...

This is beautiful,I love your attention to detail. Gorgeous colouring.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Lovely projects and great color choices.

Unknown said...

Very cute, love that image and I love the matching envelope.

Jennipher said...

Jean I love Elegant Edges. It has become my go-to cartridge for card-making. You just can't beat all those different edges and shapes for the different panels on your card. Glad to see you are getting great use out of it.

jcb said...

I am the lucky recipient of this card/package. This is one of the most beautiful cards I have EVER received. Thanks you so much for sending it to me!

Dawn B. said...

This is precious. I love birds and any bird stamp always makes me happy.. So glad you son will be closer. My daughter is moving here because a job opportunity arose. She is not too happy about it but I sure will be happy to have her 900 miles closer. :)